Washington, DC - December 5, 2011 - The National Council on Aging (NCOA) is celebrating the 10-year anniversary of its free, online screening service BenefitsCheckUp®, which has identified more than $10 billion in benefits for over 3 million vulnerable older adults since 2001.
News Articles – 2011
- BenefitsCheckUp® Celebrates 10 Years and $10 Billion in Benefits for Older Adults in Need
- Savvy Medicare Consumers Can Save Hundreds During Medicare Open EnrollmentWashington, DC - October 11, 2011 - This Saturday marks the beginning of Medicare's Annual Open Enrollment Period, which runs through December 7. During this time, people with Medicare can select or change their Medicare Part D prescription drug plan for 2012, along with a host of other options.
- BenefitsCheckUp Encourages Seniors to Tap into Available Benefits and Remain Active in their CommunitiesWashington, DC - May 10, 2011 - In recognition of Older Americans Month, the National Council on Aging (NCOA) encourages seniors to take advantage of all of the online services offered through the BenefitsCheckUp web site.The theme of this year's Older Americans Month celebration - Older Americans: Connecting the Community - pays homage to the many ways in which older adults bring inspiration and continuity to the fabric of our communities. The theme also highlights the many ways technology is helping older Americans live longer, healthier and more engaged lives.
- NCOA to Spotlight Website to Help Seniors Access Benefits at 2011 Aging in America ConferenceWashington, DC - April 13, 2011 - More than 13 million older Americans are struggling financially and are not connected to programs that could help them find work, access benefits, or get the support they need to make ends meet. BenefitsCheckUp® helps older Americans find and enroll in federal, state, local, and private programs that help pay for prescription drugs, utility bills, meals, health care, and other needs.
- BenefitsCheckUp Promotes Programs to Fight Senior Hunger During National Nutrition MonthWashington, D.C. - March 11, 2011 - March is National Nutrition Month and BenefitsCheckUp encourages all Americans to take this time to make informed food choices, develop sound eating habits and recognize that hunger remains a serious issue for many older adults.
- New Poverty Guidelines May Help More Seniors Qualify for Needed BenefitsWashington, DC - February 24, 2011 - An increased number of older adults may now be eligible for benefits due to the increase in the Federal Poverty Guidelines in 2011.