Letters Alert Eligible Medicare Beneficiaries to Missed BenefitsArlington, VA – May 17, 2016 – Medicare beneficiaries soon will receive a letter from the Social Security Administration (SSA) if they are eligible for help with their out-of-pocket medical and drug expenses.
4 Million Low-Income Older Adults Could Boost Their Annual Budget by One-ThirdArlington, VA – May 3, 2016 – An analysis released today by the National Council on Aging (NCOA) and the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) finds that more than 4 million low-income older adults could increase their annual budget as much as 29 percent with readily available benefits programs.
NCOA Partners with FamilyWize to Provide Free Prescription Savings Cards to SeniorsArlington, VA – August 25, 2015 – Many older Americans struggle to afford all of their prescriptions.
NCOA and RetirementJobs.com Join Forces to Put Older Adults Back to WorkArlington, VA – July 28, 2015 – Hundreds of thousands of older adults are looking for jobs right now.
- NCOA Leads Successful National Movement to Help Seniors Enroll in SNAPArlington, VA – June 12, 2015 – When it comes to eating a healthy diet, millions of Americans 65 and over face a double whammy: their income is fixed, and their spending on food is consuming a larger portion of their budget.
- Millions in Need, Millions in FundingArlington, VA – June 11, 2015 – Margaret lived self-sufficiently in her home for more than 40 years, but in her 80s she found she’d outlived her resources and was struggling to get by on $1,300/month in Social Security benefits. Fortunately, Margaret found help from a National Council on Aging (NCOA) Benefits Enrollment Center, Centura Health LINKS.
- NCOA Awarded MIPPA Resource Center Grant to Continue Supporting Vulnerable People with MedicareWashington, DC – October 27, 2014 – The National Council on Aging (NCOA) was recently awarded a grant from the Administration for Community Living (ACL) to continue its efforts to help thousands of low-income people with Medicare to get help enrolling in programs that make their health care affordable.
- The Five Biggest Mistakes Boomers Make When Enrolling in MedicareWashington, DC – October 15, 2014 – Finding the right Medicare plan matters. With hundreds of policies to choose from, and so much information to understand, many people guess when choosing a policy and end up paying too much for a plan that doesn’t cover what they need.
- NCOA Leads Effort To Help 5 Million Food Insecure SeniorsWashington, DC – August 27, 2014 – Nearly 5 million – or close to one out of every 12 – seniors will experience hunger this year, with even more at risk.
- NCOA Recognizes WellPoint for Helping Older Adults Find BenefitsWashington, DC – Sep 10, 2013 – For its commitment to helping older adults improve their health and economic security, the National Council on Aging (NCOA) has presented WellPoint (NYSE: WLP) with an Award of Recognition.
- NCOA Urges People Affected by Oklahoma Tornado to Seek Immediate Help at BenefitsCheckUp®Washington, DC – May 21, 2013 – With President Obama signing a federal disaster declaration for Oklahoma due to Mondays devastating tornado, the National Council on Aging (NCOA) urges people affected by the twister to visit BenefitsCheckUp to quickly get links to benefit programs that may help them find food, shelter, and more.
- Celebrate Older Americans Month by Unleashing the Power of BenefitsWashington, DC – May 14, 2013 – May is Older Americans Month, and the theme is “Unleash the Power of Age.” The National Council on Aging (NCOA) encourages older adults and their caregivers to use this month to “unleash the power of benefits” by getting a free BenefitsCheckUp®.