- NCOA Awarded MIPPA Resource Center Grant to Continue Supporting Vulnerable People with MedicareWashington, DC – October 27, 2014 – The National Council on Aging (NCOA) was recently awarded a grant from the Administration for Community Living (ACL) to continue its efforts to help thousands of low-income people with Medicare to get help enrolling in programs that make their health care affordable.
- The Five Biggest Mistakes Boomers Make When Enrolling in MedicareWashington, DC – October 15, 2014 – Finding the right Medicare plan matters. With hundreds of policies to choose from, and so much information to understand, many people guess when choosing a policy and end up paying too much for a plan that doesn’t cover what they need.
- NCOA Leads Effort To Help 5 Million Food Insecure SeniorsWashington, DC – August 27, 2014 – Nearly 5 million – or close to one out of every 12 – seniors will experience hunger this year, with even more at risk.
- NCOA Recognizes WellPoint for Helping Older Adults Find BenefitsWashington, DC – Sep 10, 2013 – For its commitment to helping older adults improve their health and economic security, the National Council on Aging (NCOA) has presented WellPoint (NYSE: WLP) with an Award of Recognition.
- NCOA Urges People Affected by Oklahoma Tornado to Seek Immediate Help at BenefitsCheckUp®Washington, DC – May 21, 2013 – With President Obama signing a federal disaster declaration for Oklahoma due to Mondays devastating tornado, the National Council on Aging (NCOA) urges people affected by the twister to visit BenefitsCheckUp to quickly get links to benefit programs that may help them find food, shelter, and more.
- Celebrate Older Americans Month by Unleashing the Power of BenefitsWashington, DC – May 14, 2013 – May is Older Americans Month, and the theme is “Unleash the Power of Age.” The National Council on Aging (NCOA) encourages older adults and their caregivers to use this month to “unleash the power of benefits” by getting a free BenefitsCheckUp®.
- Celebrate Older Americans Month by Finding Benefit Programs that Can Help YouWashington, DC – May 16, 2012 – This year’s Older Americans Month celebration reminds older adults that they’re “Never Too Old to Play”. This month BenefitsCheckUp also wants to remind older adults and their caregivers to get a free screening for benefits that could help them pay for food, health care, and more.
- BenefitsCheckUp® Promotes Programs to Fight Senior Hunger During National Nutrition MonthWashington, DC – March 7, 2012 – In honor of National Nutrition Month this March, the National Council on Aging (NCOA) is encouraging all Americans to use its free, online BenefitsCheckUp® service to help the older adults in their lives find help to pay for nutritious food.