Am I eligible?
You can get help from this program if you have limited income and resources. Some resources such as your home, car, and certain retirement accounts may not be counted when determining whether you meet the program guidelines.
In some cases, you may be able to take part in this program without having to do anything. You will automatically get the program or have more generous rules if you and/or members of your household already get cash benefits from other programs such as:
- Public or General Assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Additionally, if you get non-cash benefits (including TANF-funded informational pamphlet or counseling services), you may have higher income and/or resource limits.
In certain situations, there may be other program rules that you may need to meet such as taking part in Employment & Training programs and other work requirements.
What are the citizenship guidelines?
If you are a U.S. citizen and meet the other program guidelines, you may get help from this program. If you live in the United States but are not a U.S. citizen, you may still apply if you and/or members of your household meet at least one of following guidelines for legal immigrants
- lived legally in the United States for at least 5 years or more
- get disability related assistance or benefits, no matter when you entered the United States
- children under the age of 18, no matter when the child entered the United States
What will I need?
- Documents Showing Number of People Living in Household
- Documents Showing Household Address
- Documents Showing Household Expenses
- Documents Showing Medical Costs
- Social Security Receipts
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Income and Resources
Can I use my SNAP benefits to buy groceries online?
In Kentucky, you can use your SNAP EBT card to buy groceries online from certain retailers. SNAP can only be used to pay for groceries. SNAP cannot be used to pay for other services such as delivery, service, or convenience fees. Visit this site for more information about how and where to use your SNAP benefits online.