This program provides information and printed materials to your community, referral to other agencies, and one-on-one health insurance counseling at no cost to you. SHIP counselors can answer questions about:
- Medicare Part A and Part B
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Medicare Part D)
- Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)
- Medicare Advantage Plans (HMOs and PPOs)
- Long-term care insurance
- Medicare Savings Programs (QMB, SLMB and QI)
- Prescription drug assistance programs or drug discount cards offered by your state and pharmaceutical companies
- Medicaid and other insurance programs (including free or reduced-fee health care programs)
SHIP counselors can help you understand your Medicare benefits, identify and compare health insurance options, and protect you from paying too much on your medical care and prescription drugs.
How do I get help?
To make an appointment and find out how to get counseling services, please contact the program.